Being a business analyst is mentally demanding. Everyday, the interested individual will face many challenges and responsibilities. Business analysts must brainstorm and form effective solutions to business problems.
Business analyst job responsibilities
Understanding the business requirements, and through a structured process documenting, validating and translating it into functional specifications that are used by developers to craft a technical solution. Testing and validating the functionality of the technical solution against the business requirements. Interfacing between the business client and the development team with regards to the business and functional requirements. Ensuring that the business requirements are delivered in the implemented solution. Working with multiple business areas and multiple teams that require deep integration of solutions. Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, and acting as consultant on the application.
Other job requirements include
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Ensuring that the recommended solution is both commercially viable and competitive.
- Understanding both technical designs and specifications
- Having strong technical skills, business intelligence and a full understanding of the clients needs.
- Advanced excel spreadsheet knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any accredited relevant qualification.
A minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
Copyright - Mzinduko Consulting 2013