PMO managers provide leadership, organization and coordination to support a PMO's key activities, encompassing program planning, governance and project management. They manage change and promote the continuous improvement of project management related processes. PMO managers are excellent communicators and guide project stakeholders in defining project scope and ensuring the effective utilization of resources.
Major areas of accountability
- Provides direction to project teams including assignment of individual responsibilities tasks and technical functions.
- Identifies needs and will allocate the appropriate resources to meet timely completion of specific projects tasks.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and uses them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Improves communication so that senior executives and stakeholders know project status.
- Ensures alignment to strategy
- Perform assessments
- Support and maintain project management methodologies to ensure a consistent approach to project delivery is taken accross the portfolio through the use of project management tools, processes and practices.
- Train, coach and mentor teams in relation to methodologies, delivery processes and best practices in order to continually develop skills and capabilities thus supporting consistent delivery improvement.
- Support Business Management to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and ensure tracking and monitoring of actual to budget.
- A bachelors degree
- A masters degree is preferred
- 10 years experience in the field or related
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Prince2 or PMI Certification required
Copyright - Mzinduko Consulting 2013