Project administrator job description
Project administrator's role involves providing administrative and logistic support to the project manager. The role of the project administrator is to support the project manager in all facets of the project, reporting, tracking and consolidation of information and central administration. The project administrator is the central point of contact to the entire team.
Project administrator duties and responsibilities
- Plan projects according to the set budget.
- Co-ordinate with team members to accomplish project objectives.
- Monitor the overall project progress.
- Supervise project activities.
- Ensure quality work.
- Discuss the progress of the project with the senior officials as well as the clients.
Skills and specifications
- Required to have good leadership skills
- Needs to have good analytical skills
- Should have good communication and inter-personal skills
- Should be efficient enough in using project management software
- Should be able to understand different platforms
- MS excel, MS word, MS power point and MS outlook skills are essential
- A high school certificate a must
- A college certificate in project management or business administration is a must
- A Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Project Management will be advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Copyright - Mzinduko Consulting 2013